U.S. Army, Nichols General Hospital
Nichols Army Hospital operated from November 1942 until April 2 1952. On that day 229 patients were moved from Nichols to the new VA medical center on Zorn Avenue. Nichols was later used as an induction center for the military and a training facility for Reserves. It was located in the south end of Louisville off Manslick Rd just east of the intersection of 7th Street Road and Berry Blvd.
Hover over image to see caption. Click image to begin a manual slide show. Keyboard arrows can be used